Other Music and Guitar Sites of Interest
These links take you out of the site.
Sites of Musicians Associated with Howard Roberts
- Michael Anthony
- student and friend of Howard Roberts. Mike Anthony was a studio
musician in Hollywood for many years and is now a jazz guitarist in Albuquerque,
- Ron Anthony - well-known jazz and studio guitarist.
- Mitch Holder
- student and friend of Howard Roberts.
- Carol Kaye - friend of
Howard Roberts and famous bassist and guitarist - a great site!
- John and Jeanne Pisano
- one of the greats of jazz guitar and his vocalist wife.
- Tim May - L.A. studio great.
- Al Viola - one of the greats of jazz guitar.
- Billy Strange - famous
L.A. session guitarist, arranger and performer.
- Tom Scott - well known L.A. sax player.
- Dan Adler - jazz
guitarist site with some interesting material.
- John Pfeiffer - jazz guitaristr in
- Alsidair Macrae Birch - a British
jazz guitarist now living in the U.S. This is a very nice site. Also Alisdair
serves as the moderator of the Yahoo jazz guitar newsgroup (see below for a link).
Ken Brown - lots of interesting guitar material from someone who
studied with Howard Roberts.
- Bruce Clarke - one of
Australia's top jazz guitarists and a very able teacher and historian of jazz guitar.
- Greg Clayton - jazz guitarist in
Montreal. An excellent CD is available from Greg's site.
- Garrison Fewell - jazz guitarist and Berklee professor.
Jody Fisher - Jazz Guitarist - I had the good fortune to study
with Jody (summer '99) at the National Guitar Workshop in
Oakville, Ont. He is a great guitarist and educator. Jody studied with Howard Roberts as well as many other guitar greats.
Joey Goldstein is a jazz guitarist and teacher located in Toronto.
I studied with Joey and highly recommend him. His site
has a downloadable version of a book he is in the midst of writing
called Joe's Guitar Method. Also recommended is his CD, Joey Goldstein & Friends.
Joey studied with H.R. during the 70's as well as Pat Metheny and Mick
- Dave Gould's Guitar Page - discographies of Wes Montgomery, Django Rheinhardt, Les Paul, etc.
Dave is also a serious collector of guitar recordings.
- Clay Moore -
is a jazz guitarist in Austin, Texas who was influenced by Howard Roberts.
Besides being an excellent guitarist, Clay is a frequent and
significant contributor to rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz and I've benefited
a lot from his posts. Clay has an excellent CD that he recently recorded
and it is available from his site.
- Wolf Marshall's Guitarland -
Wolf Marshall's great guitar site. This site contains a lot of interesting
material and especially material on the guitar style of Howard Roberts.
- Joe Pass Memorial Site by Tabo Oishi.
- Mitch Seidman - Boston area jazz guitarist and instructor at
Berklee College of Music with CD's
available from Jardis Music, a label
dedicated to jazz guitar.
- Rick Stone - excellent NYC jazz guitarist.
One Stop Jazz on the Web - guitarist Kevin Van Sant's website.
Larry Vigneault - a useful site on guitar setup, etc.
- Jack Wilkins - one of the
current giants of jazz guitar.
Other Related Music Sites